Tuesday, July 12, 2011

These Men Deserved A Post Of The Own.

On Sunday's Summerfest Rock n Sole Half Marathon I had three special men accompany me during my race. They were with me all 13 miles, and had my back even when I wanted to give up. These three men many have never heard of, though they should be household names. These men? Cpl Paul Zanowick, LCpl Jason Hill, and Cpl Mark Goyet. All three Marines were deployed to Helmand Province, Afghanistan with 3rd Battalion 4th Marines, where they made the ultimate sacrifice. 


Cpl Paul Zanowick


LCpl Jason Hill

Cpl Mark Goyet



I never knew these men personally, but in the Marine Corps everyone is like family. Scratch that. They are family. When you move away from home, especially at a young age, you are forced to make a new family and new connections based on common experiences. Everyone is there for each other through thick and thin. You laugh together. You cry together. You mourn together.

May these men will never be forgotten. 



No comments:

Post a Comment